Links @ Standard 8
These links are to pages that we like to view or find interesting. We cannot guarantee the content of these sites, or that the links are correct. If you find any mistakes, or have some suggestions for new ones, then please mail us.
- Change Ringing Resources
- A very useful page containing links to details of all aspects of ringing.
- Calling Touches
- A good guide for beginners who are just starting to learn how to call touches.
- Abel Ringing Simulator
- A Simulator designed to aid striking and help learning of methods.
- The Ringing World
- The Bellringer's Newspaper.
- Sherbourne Teaching Aids
- A series of products to help with teaching and learning.
- Dove's Guide
- Dove's Guide to Churches with bells is now on the internet.
- University of Leicester Society of Change Ringers
- Information about the society, practice times, contact details, and what's happening.
- Sussex County Association of Change Ringers
- Homepage for the SCACR.
- Ely Diocesan Association of Church Bell Ringers
- Homepage for the EDA.
- The Central Council of Church Bell Ringers
- The central organising body for change ringing.
- Windows Record Keeper (WinRK)
- Keep details of your quarter peals and peals on computer.
- The Handbell Ringers of Great Britain
- An associated past-time.
- John Taylor and Co.
- The Whitechapel Bell Foundry
- The two main bellfoundries
- Downloader for X
- An excellent package for downloading files under the X environment. Copes with http and ftp, broken downloads, and delayed downloads.
- Linux Hq
- Find kernel sources, patches and more info here.
- Wine Development HQ
- Allows you to run your windows programs on Linux by providing interfaces to all the calls windows allows.
- Hopf at Demon
- Advice on connecting to Demon via Linux, some Perl Scripts, and other stuff, well worth a visit for Demon Linux users.
- S.U.S.E. Linux
- One of the many linux suppliers.
- Red Hat
- Another of the many linux suppliers.
- Apache Web Server
- A free to download linux web server.
- The K Desktop Environment
- The KDE X Windows Desktop
- In my opinion one of the better ones.
- Linux Information Sheet
- More info on Linux.
- Linux WWW Sites all over the world
- There's definitely a lot of them.
- The home of the perl language.
- The Windows version of Gnu's C/C++ complier.
- GNU is not Linux!
- The homepage of the GNU Organisation
- My HTML Help Guide
- All the HTML tags you'll need to create your own page, and how to use them.
To the Dilbert Zone!
The Internet home of the dilbert comic strip.
- Symantec's Virus Hoax Page
- Symantec's list of hoax virus warning emails.
Standard 8 Home